Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PenskeFile  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 5:28:48 PM(UTC)
PenskeFile

Groups: Registered

Here is a copy of an email I just sent to the Corps of Engineers office. Since I am not very confident of ever receiving a response, I thought I would post it here to see if anyone could help:

Hi, I live near Lake Georgetown and have hiked the trails extensively over the past ten years. Thank you for making these available and I particularly have enjoyed the new historical markers that I’ve seen recently. While I have never done the entire loop at once, I believe I have hiked every section of the trail at least twice and in some cases, many more times.

While looking at the website http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/georgetown/index.asp just now for more information on the land at Sawyer Camp, I saw a couple of photos that caught my eye:

I have pasted them below for your convenience. Can you tell me where this bridge structure is located? I have never seen this around the lake and would love to check it out. They are hosted on your website at this link: http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/georgetown/Recreation/Trails/index.asp

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Austin Explorer  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 1, 2014 4:10:44 PM(UTC)
Austin Explorer

Groups: Admin, Administrators, BetaUser, Registered, TrustedUser

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have not hiked all of the Goodwater Loop, but most of it. And I don't recognize that at all. Sorry!
Robert
PenskeFile  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 2, 2014 11:15:21 PM(UTC)
PenskeFile

Groups: Registered

Well it turns out that I seriously underestimated the responsiveness of the Corps of Engineers staff at Lake Georgetown. They replied today and said that the pictures were loaded to the Lake Georgetown site in error. Those photos are of a bridge on the Chalk Ridge Falls Nature Trail on Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton.

They are going to fix the website and remove the photos shortly.

That bridge looks kind of neat, so I am going to have to go check out that trail soon!
Blaze  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 4:33:06 AM(UTC)
Blaze

Groups: Registered, TrustedUser

Thanks for the update and info. As part of my endurance training, I am going to try and hike the entire loop in one day very soon now that the weather is getting better.
Happy Trails!
Lone_Star